July 29, 2008

Ave Maria

I am cornered, Father…
even the trail can no longer be seen
I want to fly again, Father…
free like an eagle, free like I used to be
wanting to know the sand dunes
on the only non-stop flight
that's no longer mine

I'm lounging here naked, Father…
every word has been said in the dark
I'm out of words now
I've tried...
I've tried...
I've tried...
I've tried...
everything is so unfamiliar…
everything is wrapped in fog…

I'm tired, Father…
thrown between a trench, an old house and a story
like a boat without an ocean
glorious flutters of the eagle are now darkly scandalized
unyielding… I'm losing my waves, Father…
I want to walk along the coast of hope
yet only gloom waits at its end, saying goodbye…

I want to laugh without restraint, Father…
happiness that once dropped by for a while
but now… when the church orchestra plays Ave Maria
I want to run, Father… to Your embrace, if you still care
take me with You, Father…
I'm exhausted…
I give up…
I don't understand this particular will of Yours…

No comments: