February 23, 2009

Off into the Unknown

My eyes are wide open and my heart is thudding hard within my chest. The weather is calm, yet lightning cracks over and over again inside me, sounding so evil, calling my name. I’m choking. It almost feels like I could never breathe again… I’m so scared…

When darkness rises, tears shall fall. Yet I can’t cry. Something is lurking very near. Yet I can’t scream. Up to the wall I put my ear, trying to listen but not too near. This isn’t a killer or a thief. This is something much worse. This is an invisible villain that could deceive my mind and poison my soul.

There is that false illusion again as I see images rush past in the crowded corner of my existence. Something compels me to follow. One question. Am I brave enough? I give up. I’m not brave enough. But wait. It suddenly becomes very quiet. What’s going on? Something’s wrong. Moments pass. I turn around. And there it is. Next thing I know, I don’t know anything. I’m off into the unknown. Don’t know whether I’d ever return.

2 comments:

unee said...

Yeaahh.
I'll be meeting you at the end of that unknown journey - slash, feeling. Hehe.

* sigh *

AMANDA MEIRINI SUCAHYO said...

well i hope the end of the unknown isn't worse that what we've known so far hahaha