June 03, 2008

The Stage

slowly sweeping the face of the sky
counting the stars, one by one
the moon seems sleepy in the sweet caress of heaven
while my pen quickly loses its pace
the clock in my room keeps its steady ticks
like an invisible poet reading tedious verses
leaving me startled for long time, unable to find words
only sighing and nodding every once in a while
pretending to understand…

I move my fingers above my head
making illustrious dance arrangements
as if I could hear angelic music faintly playing
the curtain opens and the stage is suddenly mine
a heartrending tale is about to be told
from a hidden corner of this lousy life
how can I silence this soul?
make it sit nicely and properly sing a song
voicing tender sounds of the heart
interpreting each written fate on my hand
how can I silence this soul?

unseen tears stream into a pond of sorrow
flowing into misery
then embraced in mournful haze
forcing me to contemplate…
feeling the urge to burn every wound
would it heal?
I contemplate…

it must heal…
it must heal…
I’m convinced
otherwise,
darken the stage
close the curtain

and end this story…

[some FEELINGS sink SO DEEP into the heart that ONLY LONELINESS can help you find them again. some TRUTHS about yourself are SO PAINFUL that ONLY SHAME can help you live with them. and some THINGS are just SO SAD that ONLY YOUR SOUL can do the crying for you.]

No comments: