August 25, 2009

what do you do when you miss me?

what do you do when you miss me? what do you do when the sultry melting days and the cold bitter nights are no longer able to dissolve the shadow of my existence and the sound of my voice? what do you do when your busy schedules and heaps of work are no longer enough to block me from your mind and keep me away from your heart? do you light a cigarette, sit in front of the computer in your little cozy home office, and try to “read” me? do you let the smokes from your cigarette fill up your room, hoping they will relieve your deferred vision of me? do you listen to the Rolling Stones’ “Red Rooster” or to Sarah McLachlan’s version of “Black Bird”, while perusing my blog, eating whatever’s written and displayed on your LCD screen word by word, attempting to digest it as slowly as possible? do you stop in silence studying every detail of my uploaded photos, letting ashes from your cigarette fall to the floor? do you see a bright star emerge on the horizon, echoing a memory we both cherish, a memory from a place we both love, a place where we met? do you then allow a sun-tanned twilight to gently persuade you to search my name amongst hundreds or thousands of other names on your cell phone’s memory card? then what do you do? do you ping me on BlackBerry Messenger or email me or send me a short text message? or do you just wordlessly spell my name in your heart? maybe. coz I’m just guessing. coz over the many lost evenings and things we shall never see, I don’t even know anymore whether you still miss me, let alone what you would do when you miss me. and even if you do miss me sometimes, I don’t know whether you would do anything about it. because I miss you all the time, yet most of the times I try my best not to do anything, letting only my heart reminisce the tale of an unfinished moment, unfulfilled dreams and things unsaid, believing that we ought to have met in a different sky and on a different earth. maybe you’re like that too.

3 comments:

unee said...

ah ! tae'lah !
HAHAHAHAHA.
Menohok sekali postingan ini !!
GAK SUKA !

nyahahahahah.

AMANDA MEIRINI SUCAHYO said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHA.. kasian deeehhh!!!

NRV said...

aku sukaaa, jujur, simple, dan humanly haha